Tuesday, November 6, 2012

3 1/2 Years of Bella

3 1/2 years ago I was turning exactly 23 years old. And I was in labor. And I was entering a world that I now feel is akin to picking one of the pills that lets you into the Matrix. Becoming a parent, a Mom-it changes you like nothing else. Nothing pushes you further mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually. Nothing makes me want to be a better person and nothing causes me to want to pull my hair out more. A friend of mine and I were looking at pictures and of Bella from when she was a baby and she commented that it seems like 5 minutes ago and so long ago at the same time. I couldn't agree more. It goes so fast!

 This post is about my little laughing, dancing, blue-eyed, brown haired, one-natural-red-streak-in-her-bangs-because-she-is-awesome-like-that Isabella.

Things about Bella at this age:

  • she's hungry ALL the time-she loves plums, apricots, chocolate, homemade popsicles, chips, and peanut butter
  • she begs to wake Isley up so they can play-she LOVES her sister!
  • she is a little Momma-loves to tell everyone what to do!
  • She loves playing games on our ipod touch
  • She lights up a room when she walks in
  • She talks, and talks, and talks....;)
  • She loves to play outside-with her "best friends" Cookie and Fiji, our adopted kitties. 
  • She has started to pray for specific people and friends-it's so sweet! I love watching her grow in her relationship with the Lord-I pray that she will come to know her Savior at a young age!
  • She loves to hug but cuddling is still a rarity
  • She is extremely compassionate and sensitive to the feelings of others
  • She can be very jealous of her sister but she takes such good care of her-sharing her food with her and getting better at sharing her toys-even her favorites!
  • She LOVES her grandparents, aunts and uncles and close friends
  • She has a flair for fashion-and she will compliment an outfit! lol.
  • She can read simple words, she knows some "blends" and can sound out most small to medium sized words if it is phonetically spelled and recognizes that a "sneaky e" makes the vowel long (usually) and the "e" silent. She can count to 39 on her own in English and 20 in Spanish. She recognizes and creates patterns with objects. She can figure out if one word starts with a particular sound, which of 3 options starts with the same sound, with no help. She can name the days of the week on her own and loves to trace letters and learn about numbers. She has memorized a few short Bible verses. 
  • She randomly counts and lines things up-a little OCD :)
  • She is a BIG help around the house-Her daily "jobs" are: learning to fold her pajamas and put them away, putting silverware away, feeding the kitties, brushing/flossing teeth, brushing hair, picking up toys, asking "How can I help"? at the end of her "jobs". She gets to earn shiny glass pebbles from one jar to another to show her progress in earning a "treat" of choice (usually chocolate)
  • She likes to exercise with Mommy-even requesting the exercise video at random to watch and do, lol. Clearly she did not get that from me-I wish I was that motivated!
  • She is already wearing 4T, so sad :( I hate to see her grow to fast!)
  • I love the way she always looks for the moon in the sky when she gets up early in the morning. 
  • I love her silly laugh and her crazy dances
  • I love her readiness to thank God for all things as they come 
  • I love how her mind works, how God has given her such an inquisitive nature about him which helps me to teach her more about my Savior.
Some of my favorite things she has said:
"are we going to the fall fegtable?" (festival-vegetable, same thing right? lol)
"did you know 3 comes after 4 Mommy? I'll be 4 soon! Mommy, don't make that sad face, it's ok Mommy, I can turn 4!"

We love you Bella! Our sweet Bella boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment